Sunday, March 6, 2011

How to Write Like a Rock Star



On CNN there was an article that caught my eye and I think it is informative and can be applied to our topic - - how to write.  The article specifically addresses what rock stars can teach us about making a career last.  These pearls of wisdom can also be analogized to learning how to write.  This Rock Star Wisdom is divided into three major points.
  • Don't Be A One Hit Wonder
  • Aim for the Arena
  • Build Your Fan Base


This post will address the first point, later this week I will address the other items.  Hopefully these will help you learn more about how to write.  Learning how to write must be done consistently.  To learn how to write a person must write regularly for days, weeks and years.   This is especially important when a person is learning how to write a blog.  I read the other day that a "blog is a broadcast" and when you stop broadcasting, the blog dies.

Additionally, when considering a person's writing, agents like to know that the writer is capable of writing several books and also is not a one-hit wonder.  As I have said in early posts, you want to learn how to write. . . then write, write often.  Don't be a one-hit wonder.  Who knew that Rock Stars have so much to teach writers.

Read More About This Article Here

No comments:

Post a Comment